K-Tron and Premier Pneumatics (K-Tron Process Group) to Exhibit New and Expanded Process Automation Product Line at PTXi 2008 / Powder and Bulk Solids Show, May 6-8, 2008, Donald E. Stevens Convention Center, Rosemont, Illinois, Booth 1328
PITMAN, NJ (February 25, 2008) – The K-Tron Process Group will exhibit several new additions to the K-Tron Feeder and Premier Pneumatics product line at PTXi 2008 (Powder and Bulk Solids Show), May 6-8, 2008, Donald E. Stevens Convention Center, Rosemont, Illinois, Booth 1328. The recent addition of Premier Pneumatics to the K-Tron Process Group greatly expands K-Tron’s overall pneumatic conveying capabilities to include continuous as well as vacuum sequencing systems. New additions in booth 1328 include:
New Low Rate Micro Cone Feeder
K-Tron Process Group will introduce a new Micro Cone feeder, featuring a highly innovative screw-less feeding mechanism that accurately doses free flowing color, masterbatch or additives into a blending system or directly in the process screw of an extruder. Utilizing a simple induced flow rotating tube/cone, the Micro Cone Feeder doses down to a few granules at a time, with a feed rate range of 0.2 to 2 dm³/hr (0.007 to 0.07 cu ft). With use of an extension tip, the feeder can feed as low as 0.1 dm³. Minimum dispersive rate is approximately 2 pellets per second. With no pockets or screws, the design is simple, providing ease of use and almost zero maintenance. The feeder housing swings open for fast material change. There are no areas for the product to trap, making cleaning very easy.
New Continuous Gravimetric Extrusion Control Software
K-Tron’s new extrusion control package offers the ability to control the extruder speed so that its output has a predictable and repeatable mass flow. By accurately measuring material throughput, gravimetric extrusion control can compensate for material and process variations and provide more consistent end product quality. It is primarily targeted for use with single screw flood fed extruders in both mono- and co-extrusion applications such as profile extrusion, cast sheet, blown film, cable coating and laminating. Gravimetric extrusion control is virtually a necessity for multi-layer co-extrusion systems. Its benefits include exact control of end product quality, significant savings in material costs, highly accurate multi-layer co-extrusion of films, longer production runs due to consistent extruder output and the ability to detect problems before the product goes out of specification.
New Premier Pneumatics Series 4 Microprocessor Controller (Series 4 MPC)
Premier Pneumatics introduces the new Series 4 Microprocessor Controller (Series 4 MPC) for operating up to 24 vacuum receivers on one blower. The controller consists of a central control unit which features an easy-to-use, touch-sensitive keypad. The operator controls the whole system, including turning receivers on and off, setting draw times, etc from one central location. The Series 4 MPC can be integrated into the K-Tron Smart Connex feeder controls, providing one simple control solution for both feeders and vacuum sequencing receivers. The unit is shipped pre-programmed, eliminating complex logic programming. Additional features include CE conformity, LED visual indicators, easy on-screen system setup, back-up blower capability, blower shutdown for automatic bag filter cleaning, password protection, built in networking capability, and computer interfaces for data acquisition.
New Premier Pneumatics ProBlendTM Zone Blender
Premier Pneumatics introduces its ProBlendTM Zone Blender for blending or homogenizing free flowing bulk material within a hopper or silo. With its special geometric shape, the compact and simple Zone Blender provides multiple flow zones in which the material can pass through at different velocities and residence times. As a result, the discharged material contains a uniformed blend of material from the hopper or silo. The Zone Blender uses a combination of mass flow (first in – first out) with funnel flow (last in – last out) to help homogenize the blend and reduce the effect of segregation in re-circulating, batch or continuous systems, or any application requiring the blending of materials.
Other Equipment on Display in Booth 1328:
• MT12 Micro ingredient Feeder: for extremely low rate feeding of free flowing to difficult powders and micropellets.
• K-Vision: a new Human Machine Interface (HMI) for controlling up to 16 feeders in a single process line. The K-Vision offers advanced trending and logging capabilities, and supports all of the different feeding control types for both continuous and batch operation.
• Bulk Solids Pump Feeder™ line: a patented feeder line specifically designed and engineered to provide gentle, precise feeding of free-flowing pellets, granules, flakes, powders, and friable materials. The BSP feeders do not use screws/augers, belts, or vibratory trays to convey materials. These feeders utilize positive displacement action to move material uniformly, from storage hopper to discharge outlet. Units on display include the BSP-100, BSP-135, BSP-150P and a running BSP-150S with Premier P10 receiver.
• Smart Weigh Belt (SWB-300): for gravimetric batch and continuous applications or for wild flow metering. Typically used where headroom is limited, or when feeding friable material that may be damaged by other feeders.
• Aerolock™ Rotary Valves (HD, MD, QC): units on display include the Heavy-Duty (HD), Maximum-Duty (MD), and Quick-Clean (QC) Aerolock. Designed for heavy-duty industrial service and high-volume efficiency, HD Aerolock performs at up to 15 PSI pressure differential and temperatures up to 225° F. The MD Aerolock is engineered for heavy to severe industrial service with pressure differentials up to 20 PSI and temperatures of +450°. The QC Aerolock is well suited for use in the food, chemical, plastics, and pharmaceutical industries where contamination is a concern.
• Premier Pneumatics Receivers (2410 Vacuum Sequencing Receiver, Filter Receiver): On display will be the 2410 stainless powder receiver and the Filtair Series filter receiver demonstrating continuous vs. sequencing system flow.
• Premier Pneumatics Bin Vent (Modular Cartridge Bin Vent): Premier’s Modular Cartridge Bin Vent for conveying applications requiring air filtration. This unit traps fine airborne particles with its large cartridge filter while material is pneumatically conveyed into a storage tank.