ZRD Rotary Valve (Heavy-Duty Premium)
The Coperion ZRD Heavy-Duty Premium rotary valve is specially designed for food, mineral, plastics and chemical applications.
Typical Industrial Applications
It is often used as a discharging and metering valve for conveying products in powder and granular form (smaller than 1 mm). The ZRD is engineered for heavy-duty industrial service with pressure differentials up to 1.5 bar(g) [21 psi(g)] and temperatures up to 100° C [212° F].
ZRD Rotary Valve Design Features and Options
- Explosion pressure shock proof: 10 bar(g) [145 psi(g)], due to heavy duty design
- Large inlet/outlet: Without restriction of the cross section for highest capacities
- Outboard bearings with lifetime seal: Separated from product by purged seal arrangement and drop out opening
- Rotor: 10 blades, open-end, chamfered blades
- Seal purge gas unit (completely mounted): incl. plastic tubing, solenoid valve 24 VDC, 8 W DC, filter regulator, gauge
Standard Mechanical Specifications
- Inlet/Outlet flange: round, drilled according to DIN PN 10 or ANSI 150 lbs.
- Stainless steel DIN 1.4541 [AISI 321] rotors
- Shaft sealing: two NBR lip seals with diffuser / labyrinth ring, prepared for seal purge
- CE compliant (standard configuration)